Funding Partner : DoLiDAR/ADB
Implementing Partner : Users’ Committees/VDCs/DDCs
Duration : 2000-2005
Program District : Kavre, Tanahun & Baglung
|Assignment name: Construction supervision and social mobilization of Rural Infrastructure Development Project (RIDP)||Approx. value of the contract (in NPR):
|Funding Agency(ies): Asian Development Bank||Name of client: Rural Infrastructure Development Project (RIDP)/ DoLIDAR|
|Project Location: Kavre, Tanahun and Baglung districts||Duration of assignment: 55 months
Start date: December 1999
Completion date: June 2005
|Whether the Institution provided services as:
Lead Institution R JV or associated Institution
Name of associated Partners, if any:
7 Local Road User Committees (LRUCs) and 156 Labor Groups (LGs)
|Name of our Team Leader/Coordinator:
Chan Bahadur Gurung/Gokul Gautam/Kishor Kafle
No of professional staff involved from us: 5
Total Staffs’ person months: 275
|Type and narrative description of services provided:
Social organizational and capacity development support for the implementation of RIDP.
|Brief description of results (supported by smart indicators) achieved of the project:
The project had three components- road instruction, multipurpose community building construction and awareness rising. One of the main objectives of awareness rising was to encourage genuine participation of local people in construction and maintenance of this labour intensive rural infrastructure project.
· Establishment of nursery and distribution of different fodder, fruit and different forest species to the local people of the project site.
· Help to Local Road User Committee (LRUC) and Labor Groups for bioengineering promotion.
· Organize different forest management environment management training.
· Organized speech and essay writing in school and club level for awareness rising.
· Establishment of Road Hoarding board and notice board in road alignments.